Sunday, August 16, 2009

As it is every time we come

Stage Manager here.

Every time I come to SM a show in New York, something happens to make me stress the hell out. It doesn't help when you travel with Dave and Josh. When I think of calming presences, it's not them. (I love you, gentlemen, but you're not.)

So after trying to tie-up ends for another show I am stage managing before I go, get my house ready so it isn't infested when I come back, deal with two of my family's dogs dying in a week and having to schedule a production meeting the afternoon I have to go to NY, I'm not in a good place.

Then New Jersey happens. Dave has chronicled that enough. I will not add in my two cents.

But yesterday went well - I think. Dave might beg to differ, but we have gotten a good response from the other artists in the Fringe we've met so far. And going to the events we did yesterday, I have cemented my decision on some of the shows I now have to see.

We had a "production meeting" today with Sabrina. I feel prepared for tomorrow's tech. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed just in case. I need everything to go smoothly.

No comments: