Sunday, March 08, 2015

Who needs to think when your feet just go?


The week ahead looks promising, highs in the 40s. Fatigue has set into several large muscle groups. I haven't been doing stretches as often because of long nights and early mornings, but in general that hasn't been an issue.

Temperature: 39°
Distance: 4 miles

Crusty, slushy, even ,treacherous, murderous pavement. But a glorious day. My injury keeps my back straight as I run, can't really lean over to drive anymore, but that's probably a good thing. It makes hills difficult ... but then, hills are difficult when they are coated in ice. So I walked those.

This week will be interesting, should I get out. Heaps of icy, jagged snow on either side of the sidewalk, holding in the flood waters.

I have been having great sinus pain this past week, no doubt due in part to the change in the weather. Screaming I wanted to die on Friday morning, not a joke, the pain and sickness was excruciating. It has been many years since a headache has caused me to vomit.

The wife picked up Sinus Opening Strips™ because we were out. So deceptively simple, and useful. I had one on this morning, pretty much forgot about it but my head is clearer than it has been for some time.

Hmn. Feels like I need to do some back stretches.

1981 Playlist
I Can't Go For That (No Can Do) - Hall & Oates
Hard Act To Follow (171 bpm) - Split Enz
Genius Of Love - Tom Tom Club
Keep It Dark - Genesis
Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode
Super Freak - Rick James
Through Being Cool (154 bpm) - Devo
Everything's Gone Green - New Order
Five Miles Out (175 bpm) - Mike Oldfield
Golden Brown - The Stranglers

No comments: