Saturday, June 29, 2013

The rising floods that fill my skin.

Every morning, right when I get up.

A little FringeNYC-obsessed lately. The Kickstarter campaign ends tomorrow night. I remember how freaked I was about initiating that -- the entire month of June ago.  Brian asked, "So. What if you come up short?" There was no backup plan for coming up short. I mean, we could raise $7,500, right? Good question. It's not as though I have ever done that before, but it was surely possible, right?

Yes. Possible, and we will make it. But that doesn't cover all the expenses, that was the figure we reasonably imagined we could achieve. The campaign ends tomorrow night at (exactly) 11:42 PM. Thirty-three hours from now. Until then, I will continue to obsess, and to ask everyone I know for cash.

That includes you, please. Thank you.

Temperature: 72°
Climate: bright! hot!
Distance: 4 miles


Seventy-two degrees is not, in fact, much warmer than 69° or any other temperature I have run after dark in recent weeks. But in broad daylight, a bright, hot, sunshiny day?

The difference between running 3.25 miles and running 4 miles is that longer distance includes a trip through Cain Park -- and a water fountain, which today is very, very necessary.

I would rather run now, during the day than tonight. The kids come home after a week out of town at their grandparents'. From the moment they home to after they fall asleep, I want to be with them, very much.

Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic Playlist
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic * - The Police
Back On The Chain Gang - The Pretenders
Save a Prayer - Duran Duran
Boys Don't Cry *  - The Cure
Who Can It Be Now? - Men At Work
Brass In Pocket - The Pretenders
Life On Mars? - David Bowie
Mad World - Tears For Fears
Spirits In The Materials World - The Police

No comments: