Friday, November 26, 2021

The voices ring in my head.


We were on our feet all day yesterday, and it was joyous. This year was the first year we prepared a Thankgiving dinner in our home. Ever! Normally we would be in Athens or Lakewood (Lakewood now relegated to memory) or maybe even Minnesota Last year we ordered a pandemic meal from chef Doug Katz.

Pies were baked, sides prepared, and a very well executed turkey, thanks to our son who created and amazing butter mixture to place under the skin. It took all day, we dined at nine. No regrets.

Distance: 1 miles
Duration: 9 minutes
Temperature: 32°

The boy and I set out for a five mile run to and through the cemetery. A little after the one mile mark we encountered a familiar (to me) puddle at the bade of a rise in the turf. I ran up the little hill, as I have in the past, but it was to slippery and a lost my balance. I tried to control my descent but caught the ground with (as I have assessed) my left knee, my right fist, and my face.

My glasses broke, my hands hurt, and my cheek and temple are tender. When I hit I heard a "crunch" which I was afraid might be my skull, but it was just the glasses. They may be repairable, I'm supposed to get new specs at the end of the month.

I rolled onto my back and laughed, I threw my hand up for my son to take. He told me he was afraid at first I put my arm out because I had broken it. I was just saying, "Okay! I'm out!" It hurt. I was wet. It could have been much worse.

Thankful to be whole. Wish I didn't have to go to the show tonight, I'm afraid I'm going to have a bruise. Ah, vanity.

What's That Lyric?
Let Go - Gabriel & Dresden

No comments: