Friday, March 11, 2016

I hear footsteps, see their faces.

Hey, everyone.
The outreach tour concluded at Lorain County Community College last night. Today we unload the set at the scene shop, return the costumes and all else to its rightful place. So much work in such a brief period of time. When the tour began, he was with us. We move on, he has been left behind.

It stretches even further than that, to last summer, sitting on the porch in Maine, talk with him about the Lusitania, and the 1920s, the period just after the Great War called the Great Silence.

My daughter has a copy of the program with her grandfather's picture on it set neatly on top of a notebook on her desk. I haven't asked her about it. But I take comfort in the fact that I am not alone.

Distance: 3 miles
Avg Pace: 7:26
Duration:22:17
Route: Forest Hill Loop

Another brisk day. Winter tries, winter fails. Brave geese that never left town swarm the city. Geese are the new deer.

Running in shorts feels so free, I can't tell you. Temps in the sixties or near-sixties for the next week. Can't wait to get out into the air. Spent the last three days in and out of hospitals, and I am positively sick of being indoors.

Temperature: 37°
Climate: overcast and cool
Weight: 162.5 lbs.
Mood: decent

1988 Playlist
Lonesome For a Place I Know - Everything But the Girl
Shapes Between Us Turn Into Animals * - Robyn Hitchcock & The Egyptians
Beat Of Love - Voice of the Beehive
Sister Madly * - Crowded House
Prophets of Rage - Public Enemy
I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - The Proclaimers
All That Money Wants - The Psychedelic Furs

No comments: