Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sweat turns to cold.


I run, and I am able to think, to process. The first half-mile is almost chaos, my body reacting to the sudden change in energy. Hard to concentrate on anything except the action at hand. Then the breathing normalizes, my balance stabilizes, and my brain begins to loosen, to wander. Problems that I do not feel I have time to spend thinking about come to the fore and I can ... ponder.

Click ... click ... click-click, click-click, clickclickclickclickclick --

I run. I get ideas.

Temperature: 61°
Climate: bright and beautiful
Distance: 3.25 miles
Weight: 174 lbs.

Here's a tip ... logging my run as soon as I walk in the door is helpful for a number of reasons, the most important of which is I get to cool down before getting into the shower. Doesn't matter how cold the water is, right after a run I am burning up and only time will bring it down.

Punkrocker Playlist
Cuts You Up - Peter Murphy
The Killing Moon - Echo & The Bunnymen
Can't Hardly Wait - The Replacements
Still In Love Song - The Stills
Geraldine - Glasvegas
Out of Control - She Wants Revenge
Standing Outside a Borken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand - Primitive Radio Gods

My. How dark for such a bright day.

No comments: