Saturday, August 05, 2006

I kiss the city of New York


Week-end total: 24 miles

Distance: 13 miles
Weight: 165.5 lbs.
Stretches: yes
Sports drink:yes
Snack: balance bar (bfeore) NutriGrain bar (after)
Time: 2 hours, 4 minutes
Weather: 5:30am, cool

"The Brat Pack" Playlist
I'm Your Man - Wham!
Perfect Kiss - New Order
Everyday is Halloween - Ministry
Close (to the Edit) - The Art of Noise
Rock Me Amadeus - Falco
Conga - Miami Sound Machine
Like Wow Wipeout - Hoodoo Gurus
Space Age Love Song - A Flock of Seagulls
Delirious - Prince
Weird Science - Oingo Boingo
Don't Go - Yazoo
Road to Nowhere - Talking Heads
Let's Go All the Way - Sly Fox
Strait Old Line - Split Enz
Nemesis - Shriekback
Whammy Kiss* - The B-52s
Can't Get There From Here - R.E.M.
Hyperactive - Thomas Dolby
The Power of Love - Huey Lewis & the News
Gone Daddy Gone* - Violent Femmes
Synchronicity II* - The Police
Shout - Tears for Fears
Pressure - Billy Joel
The Metro* - Berlin
Mirror in the Bathroom* - The Beat
Relax - Frankie Goes to Hollywood
Hold Back the Rain - Duran Duran
The Fanatic - Felony
Favourite Shirts (Boy Meets Girl) - Haircut 100
Cooldown: I Go Swimming - Peter Gabriel

The wife suggested coffee the moment I wake up, before stretches, might assist in my exoneration. Caffeine is a diuretic, but it also dehydrates, so I had a little more fluid ... and felt like I needed to pee the entire run. But it did take care of the other problem, too.

I woke with a slight headache, as I have the past several days. I did not take my prescribed Imitrex. That stuff constricts your blood vessels in order to stave off migraines - and I didn't want to have a heart attack this morning.

Down Little Italy and through University Circle to MLK. Took a lovely walk through the Italian Cultural Garden before heading back. Water break at Wade Oval, one lap there, past Severance Hall and the hospital before heading back up the hill, past Coventry (water break in Turtle Park) and home.

I did feel some pulling in one glute, and then the other, about two-thirds of the way through, but stopped to do some gentle stretches and they went away.

A half-marathon, all by myself. And it only took a little over two hours, which is entirely acceptable.

The question is, could I do it again, right now?

No comments: