Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Loge Life

Yesterday I hit the alarm and thought, "Are you kidding me?" So I reset it for 6:00 and two seconds later the alarm went off at 6:00 and I thought, "Are you f***ing kidding me?"

Not running in the morning this week is leaving me feeling unhappy and ill. Had a headache most of the day, how much of that had to do with the wrangling of fifty 9-12 year-olds at arts camp, I dunno.

We have two more days until the final presentation. I will be in NYC in 9 days for the Fringe.

And then my summer is over. I think I can say without fear of doubt that the reason it has been going so fast is because, well, I have been having fun.

Are y'all hitting the nytheatrecast from nytheatre.com? They have been featuring shows from FringeNYC09 the past few weeks, if you are a podcasting-funperson, you should check them out.

Listening to: PODRUNNER Classic - Round the Bend (155 BPM)

Distance: 3.25 miles
Temperature: 67º
Weather: cool & humid
Weight: 157 lbs.

Eeuughh ... had one of those sick feelings in my stomach as I walked the last half a block, that really, really hungry feeling, which is odd, I don't usually get those. It is especially weird considering how much we had to eat last night at the game, not an obscene amount, but it was all very rich and caloric. Maybe that's why.

Our company were guests in a suite at the ballpark. That was a real treat. The boy sat on his mother's lap for pretty much the entire game, watching the game. Even though we were losing. The girl wanted to color pictures of princesses back in the loge. The feminist in me fairly reels.

Things I wish to accomplish this weekend after arts camp is over: Mow the lawn. Pull weeds. Paint the playroom. Peace in the Middle East. I think I can pull off two of these.

Happy birthday, Dad!

No comments: