Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Contact

I saw two houses in my neighborhood receive daily papers this morning.

Why doesn't anybody read anymore?

Lots of last-minute back-and-forth about technical issues. There are about a dozen shows being performed over three weekends at the Robert Moss Theatre. A number of us needs projectors and screens. Who has a projector? Who has a screen? Can we borrow your screen? Can we borrow your screen without paying you $500 in advance for a replacement bulb? Will our projector be in the way of your projector? How long will it take to knock up the screen?

All of this information travels to and from the different productions through a single source and no one is allowed to contact the actual managers of the venue - ever.

That last makes perfect sense, of course, if all of this mis-communication were threading through my front office, I'd never let you use my space again, either.

Listening to: PODRUNNER Classic - Inferno Express (175 BPM)

Distance: 3.25 miles
Temperature: 67º
Weather: cool & humid
Weight: 156 lbs.

I have run out of things to say. I want to get to New York.

No comments: