Sunday, October 19, 2014

No time for fear.

This post has nothing to do with Ebola.

The time between runs is expanding* and so it is difficult to explain what has happened between then and now. And it's only been a week. If I am going to develop a true understanding of the effect my diet and general intake have on my sinuses and sleep patterns, I would need to take serious notes, and to stop just concocting theories.

Depressed, I am, that I was unable to participate in yesterday's first annual neighborhood 5K. Life with developing children piles up, the girl and wife away at a soccer tournament, the boy with music lessons and I needed to take him directly from that to a pre-show discussion at work. My absence there would have been noticed, as I had a miscommunication with the guest speaker which resulted in my having to create a lecture on the fly.

It seems there is always an excuse not to run these days. You would think I was back on antidepressants. This has to stop.

Temperature: 52°
Distance:3.25 miles

Well. That was difficult Very winded, had to walk several times. It is a bright, beautiful, virtually cloudless early evening, cool and perfect. In spite of that, it was a very challenging run, huffing and wheezing. This is not who I want to be.

Diet can change, what is missing right now is the exercise. However, between my schedule and her and hers and his, I am preparing three meals a day, between that, additional housework and time for writing, there are few moments in the morning or evening to move.

Beat of Love Playlist
Beat of Love - Voice of the Beehive
Def. Con. One - PWEI
Brave New World - Michael Penn
I Predict - Sparks
Skidmarks On My Heart - The Go-Go's
Nemesis - Shriekback
Detour Through Your Mind - The B-52's

* and so am I! (drum fill)

No comments: