Saturday, January 16, 2016

Running miles. It doesn't stop for you.

Paranoid Android.
Yes, two beloved artists passed away within days of each other. What is bizarre is how people have started posting new articles of people who died years ago as though they just happened and everyone piles on with shock and distress until someone points out that Dave Brubeck actually died in 2012, for example.

Actually, this happens all the time. I once re-mourned Lena Horne, and was embarrassed to have forgotten she'd died in 2010. I should have known that, I'd been reading about her when she passed.

Of course, when someone posts the death of Bob Denver (d. 2005) as the "third" in a row we're all waiting for, you have to wonder if you are being snowed. Because when I think of David Bowie and Alan Rickman, I am immediately reminded of Bob Denver.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Avg Pace: 8:01
Duration: 26:04
Route: Forest Hills Loop

2010 Playlist
Psychic City (Classixx Remix) - YACHT
Sleepyhead - Passion Pit
Blow - Ke$ha
Something Good Can Work - Two Door Cinema Club
Too Dramatic - Ra Ra Riot
Tightrope - Janelle Monáe ft. Big Boi
Rocketeer - Far Eat Movement ft. Ryan Tedder
Super Bass - Nicki Minaj

Temperature: 32°
Climate: cool
Pavement: wet

Brisk day. Good morning run through the park, the short version. Thought I would get that in before it gets colder. Wondering how long I will be able to run in the park. When it snows, I am sure they do not shovel the paths. I will report if they do. But any time it thaws, the stuff just runs into the lagoon.

Which makes for a pretty full lagoon. We'll see. It does take a mile to get there and a mile back, just so I can run for a mile (or so) through trees. But it's worth it. I am preferring it to running through town. Fewer obvious inclines, less traffic to worry about.

Weight: 163 lbs. (+1.0)
Mood: good

No comments: