Monday, February 17, 2020

First 5K

I have been taking Zoloft (sertraline) since I completed the Chicago marathon. A great deal of my current anxiety was triggered by the loss of my mother, having lost her I am not sure if I need to continue taking this medication. On the other hand, that's probably because the medication makes me feel all right.

The last time I took an antidepressant was during the year 2011, a year I gained weight and ran half as much, check it and see. And I have again gained weight and have little to no interest in running. Thankfully, I have a son who has recently come into his own physical fitness routine, as an aspiring high school wrestler, and asks me to run with him. And I say yes.

Today he ran his first 5K, and I ran one, too.

Distance: 3.2 miles
Duration: 34:00
Pace: 10:40
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 39°
Climate: sunny, cool
Mood: good
Weight: 183.5 lbs.

No comments: