Sunday, January 03, 2021

The heart is a bloom.

I miss sleep. Plain, uninterrupted sleep. My sleep was, for a time, interrupted by the need to change a small child. Today, I just can't sleep. I sleep for a few hours, wake, and then my mind is racing.

A year ago I was practicing a form of meditation, I was able to make my mind go blank and I would drop into sleep. My thoughts were so terrible then, as my mother was dying. I guess the need was greater. My thoughts aren't troubling (or mostly not troubling) they are just there. 

And I am not angst ridden enough to motivate me to get out of bed, to sleep somewhere else, to try something different. I just lie there. For an hour. Or two. Until I fall back asleep.

I really need to work on that meditation.

2000 Playlist
What a Fool Believes - Self
It Wasn't Me - Shaggy ft. Rik Rok
Music - Madonna
The Real Slim Shady - Eminem
It's Gonna Be Me - *NSYNC
Beautiful Day - U2
Everything In Its Right Place - Radiohead

The girl asked to team up, but we listened to music. I love having these kids to run with.

Distance: 2.23 miles
Duration: 23:07
Pace: 10:22
Route: Horizon Loop
Temperature: 37°
Climate: cold
Pavement: wet & crusty with icy snow
Mood: good
Baseline: 185 lbs.
Current: 187 lbs. (+2.0)

No comments: