Wednesday, April 06, 2022

Running up that building.


These days! These bright spring days! I am trying to talk myself up! They are full of writing, I am currently 1) editing passages from my notebook for one class 2) redrafting a script that was workshopped last month and 3) writing scenes for a new work for another class.

That last has come with difficulty. This morning was something of a breakthrough. It has required a great deal of discipline, making sure I touch on each every single day this month, and this morning the temperatures were high enough that I could also include a run in that equation.

Distance: 3.75 miles
Duration: 36:36
Pace: 9:45
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 50°
Climate: partly cloud & cool, ideal
Mood: good
Weight: 188 lbs. (-1.5)

Intake
Breakfast: coffee (2x)
Lunch: tukery reuben, notso fries, Pepsi
Dinner: vegetable teriyaki stir fry over rice
Cocktail: old fashioned
Nightcap: Cocoa w/marshmallows

Coming out of the park can be a struggle, today I had Eighties by Killing Joke with a bpm of 151 which is not terribly fast, which means it was perfect. And the final lap? Crushed it.

Don't mess with my toot toot.

1985 Playlist
Take Me Home - Phil Collins
Tarzan Boy - Baltimora
Fire In the Twilight - Wang Chung
How To Be a Millionaire - ABC
Miami Vice Theme - Jan Hammer
Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) - Kate Bush
Eighties - Killing Joke
The Highest High - China Crisis
In Between Days - The Cure
My Toot Toot - Jean Knight

Phil Collins retured last week, and I wrote a thing about him.

No comments: