Saturday, April 27, 2024

Old man ran away.

It was a good week. It was a wearying week. I had to sub three out of five days, the other days I also had to field phone calls at five am.

Working with middle school students is the best. Because they are still kids, they still want very much to volunteer -- to act, and to express their opinions.

And they made me feel relevant. That I could connect. There were a couple of moments, throughout the week, when I saw students gaining in confidence, and opening up. It was beautiful.

But I am dizzy, every day. All I need to do is rock my head back a little and the room spins. It's just part of my life now. I think it's because of the earplugs, they yanked something loose. I have a screw loose! I hate them, but I need them to sleep.

The weather is warmer. But so windy! It is spring. I like spring.

Big free Saturday. What will happen?

Distance: 3,1 miles
Duration: 30:55
Pace: 9:58

1987 Playlist
Paid In Full - Eric B. & Rakim ft. Marley Marl
I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man  - Prince & The Revolution
The One I Love - R.E.M.
Panic - The Smiths
I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me) - Aretha Franklin ft. George Michael
Mystify - INXS
I Don't Want to Be a Hero - Johnny Hates Jazz
Shooting Dirty Pool - The Replacements
Rock Steady - Sting

Deep cuts! Speaking of which ...

Healing, day three.
Wednesday, I had the worst migraine that I have had in some time. As the day went on, and I began to feel more human -- but also a bit delirious -- I was doing housework like a crazy person.

I wanted to do some yardwork and took an irritatingly long time to change the spool on the weedwhacker. It was chilly, but I was in my flip-flops and for the first time in my life I did something I always told myself I would never, ever do, which is to use a mechanical mowing device without closed-toed shoes.

This time, this one time. And with a new spool, the line whipped out extra far and cut my first two toes. I looked at my feet and waited for the blood to begin gushing out, and I am grateful to say it did not, I merely suffered a lattice small, ugly, wide but not deep lacerations. I am lucky. I am also very dumb.

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 70°
Climate: overcast & warm
Mood: all right

Wow. Woozy, hungry, winded. Stiff calves! I think that's from being on my feet a lot of the week. Not happy about that.

Stretches: yes
Water: yes

No comments: