Thursday, July 21, 2011

We ran in the night.

My own writing!

Damnable weather. No run in over ten days for a variety of reasons, temperatures in the nineties may or may not be one of them. Happy to say it was my wife who encouraged me to get out at 5:30 ... only to find the atmosphere remains hot and humid.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Temperature: 82º
Weather: I sweat.
Weight: 165.5 lbs.

Since my illness in North Carolina, I have been plagued, on and off again, with intestinal distress. Nausea. Had it two weeks ago, had it last week. So I examine my behavior. Poor diet, eating too much. Serious lack of sleep. And the heat.

Took care of the diet, for the most part. Nausea helps with that. More water. Lots of vegetables, much less meat. And my wife has, as much as she can, helped me to get to bed earlier. Five, six hours a night were slowly destroying me.

And the heat. No air conditioner in my car, driving home in the late afternoon can ruin me for the rest of the evening. So she has loaned me her car. And it makes a difference.

Trying to remember why the date "July 20" was so important. Knew it wasn't the moon landing. That's right, five year ago yesterday, while I was keeping him, my son fractured his skull. Five years ago today they put his head back together.

Cold War Dance Party Mix
Dissidents - Thomas Dolby
The Gap - The Thompson Twins
Road To Nowhere - Talking Heads
New Frontier - Donald Fagen
Party At Ground Zero - Fishbone
I Melt With You - Modern English

Top Running Blog

Who knew?

No comments: