Monday, July 30, 2012

The kids are coming up from behind.

Sunday, 6 PM.
No line at Red's Eats.

On the drive up the wife asks, "Why aren't you running?" The obvious answer is, I broke my toe. Cleaning up the house, barefoot, I just crammed my small toe, right foot, into the vacuum cleaner. I have stubbed my toe before. I knew this was broken.

Not much you can do about that. Taped them together, a day or two later it was no big deal. Bruising went down ... but you couldn't manipulate the toe. I couldn't put my little finger between it and the next toe without some obvious pain.

That was a couple weeks ago. It has also been very hot, and I have been very busy at work and at home. Summer is not downtime, the kids have numerous camps and I have end-of-fiscal-year reports. I could get up early and beat the heat, but put simply, I don't want to.

Training for a race, having a goal, this is such a strong motivator for getting out and doing the running. So is clear, sea air (see: Topsail Beach, Friendship.)

In any event, I am running now, here. And that is good enough for now.

Distance: 3.8 miles
Temperature: 70°

Blow Genius Playlist
Losing My Edge - LCD Soundsystem
Something Good Can Work - Two Door Cinema
This Is What Rock n Roll Looks Like - Porcelain Black
Happily Ever After - He Is We
Helena Beat - Foster the People
Animal (Fake Blood Remix) - Miike Snow
Blow - Kesha

No comments: