Thursday, November 22, 2012

A career littered with ankle injuries.

This, from a man who thinks bacon is a food group.

Stayed over at my folks house last night, so we could all hang out later with my brother and his family. My parents' house, for some reason, is like a giant dehumidifier. I have developed more searing headaches spending the night here than I care to remember, and the only thing that cuts them short is getting up in the middle of the night to have a large glass of water. Which I did.

However, my right knee was aching -- again -- and I am trying to discern what is up with my right shin. And my right ankle. And my dorsum ... which, for those of you who have ever wondered, is the name of the top of your foot. These things are sore. True, my running has slowed, due to obligations, weather, and a general sense of weariness. But why, now, these pains in this place?

Temperature: 63°
Distance: 4.1 miles

Beautiful day today. My four year-old niece, her parents, and my whole family went to the zoo.  The parking lot was packed (free admission) and yet, the park did nt seem any more crowded than usual. It was fun. It was perfect.

'Twill snow on Saturday. Man, Lakewood smells good today.

Thanksgiving dinner. Bring it.

Losing My Edge Genius Playlist
Losing My Edge - LCD Soundsystem
Lotus Flower (Jacques Greene Rmx)  - Radiohead
Ankle Injuries - Fujiya & Miyagi
Need You Now - Cut Copy
Drop - Cornelius
Infinity Guitars (158 bpm) - Sleigh Bells
Blind - Hercules and Love Affair

No comments: