Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sleep for a thousand years.

 
Maybe it is the turn of the season, maybe it is related to depression, but in the past several days, I began to compulsively eat.

Monday I had a bowl of breakfast cereal, and for lunch a trip to Burger King. Double cheeseburger, onion rings (with dipping sauce) and a Very Large Coke. Stopping in at the grocery store for legitimate food items, I suddenly remembered there is a jar of unopened salsa in the larder. Hint-o-lime tortilla chips it was.

Preparing dinner I put away several handfuls of chips and salsa. Dinner itself was the wife's award-winning chili prepared Cincinnati-style -- the components of which I could not have even described to you before this past weekend. Chili over angel hair with cheese and sour cream.

The portions were large. I ate mine and half of the girl's. By then, I had become very, very sad and unhappy.

Yesterday I had a sensible breakfast (cottage cheese, a banana) and treated myself to coffee and one small cookie, because they were here in the office and homemade and that is a fine thing to do. Today was much the same, only I afforded myself a small brownie which was left over from an office party.

Lunches the past two days have been packed, simple sandwiches with a vegetable and an apple. This is a good, decent diet, and one I should stick to.

Also, too: Planking would be good.

Temperature: 64°
Climate: nice out
Distance: 3.25 miles
Weight: 174.5 lbs.

Dr Dog: Oh, boy! It's nice out!
Bill: Yes. I think you ought to leave it out!

On Compton the street was being monitored by police and there were people standing around, watching one house. It looked ominous, it was so quiet. I approached an officer and asked if I could pass. She said yes, and when I asked if everything was all right she told me they were shooting a movie.

It was a scene for Jenny's Wedding. Katherine Heigl in the Heights, y'all.

Lou Reed Playlist
Venus In Furs - Velvet Underground
Sun City - Artists United Against Apartheid
I'm Waiting For The Man - Velvet Underground
White Light/White Heat - Velvet Undreground
I'm So Free - Lou Reed
Sweet Jane (Live) - Lou Reed & Soul Asylum
Peggy Sue - Lou Reed

No comments: