Friday, August 01, 2014

Kill and run.

Blueberries, buttermilk and baconfat.
For my birthday, my brother and his wife gave me a Kindle Paperwhite. I do not covet technology. I don't even have a smart phone, nor do I want one. However, this is truly beautiful and useful device and and I am very happy I have one.

The boy observed, "But ... you can't play games on that!" That is correct, my son. Hands off. Like my iPod nano, which still works and was a gift to me eight years ago, it does one thing, and does it very well.

My first download was H.G. Welles The Time Machine, a novel from 1895, which was free. Suck on that, Bezos.

Temperature: 63°
Distance: 3.8 miles

Last night, we toasted s'mores and later my brother acted as DM for mine and the boy's first ever foray into Dungeons & Dragons. Yes. Today I have already wow'ed all with my pancaking skills and we took a brief motor out to spy some seals.

Pompeii Playlist
Cape Cod Kawassa Kwassa - Vampire Weekend
Kill and Run - Sia
Into the Past - Nero
The Last Time - Taylor Swift ft. Lightbody
Harlem - New Politics
Flathead - The Fratellis
Sex - The 1975s
Sigh No More - Mumford & Sons
Golden Touch - Razorlight

Fridays are traditionally the beginning of the fun, in Vacationland it feels like the end. People are packing up from the week's stay (we have another week) and wishing farewell to friends they see once a year, rentals along my run were having their lawns mowed all along Martin's Point. My brother and his family depart tomorrow, their rooms to be occupied a day later by even more friends.

No comments: