Sunday, November 02, 2014

Guess my race is run.

“His whole future seemed suddenly to be unrolled before him; and passing down its endless emptiness he saw the dwindling figure of a man who whom nothing was ever to happen.” - The Age of Innocence, Edith Wharton
When I first read that line, I wrote it down. It was chilling to read and I felt she was speaking directly to me. This was in 1998, when I was about to turn thirty.

Temperature: 39°
Distance: 3.25 miles

Recently I was driving to a school in the far eastern suburbs, down a winding two-lane road. I looked at the road, the street sign, the pavement and the painted lines upon it. And I saw it as a place to run. And that was a find, old thought, made new.

Day of the Dead Playlist (Teenage Kicks)
Get It On (Bang a Gong) - T. Rex
What Have I Done to Deserve This - Pet Shop Boys ft. Dusty Springfield
All Apologies - Nirvana
I Fought the Law - The Clash
Crazy Little Thing Called Love (155 bpm) - Queen
Hold It Now, Hit It - Beastie Boys
Private Idaho (166 bpm) - The B-52's
Don't Dream It's Over (162 bpm) - Crowded House

Yesterday, they played a set of artists with dead performers on The Current, and I thought, that's a really good playlist.

No comments: