Sunday, February 07, 2010

The world belongs to me



"If I tell you what I'm doing today will you shut up and get out of my way?"

Off my game a little. The schedule said seven, I ran five ... in unbroken snow, and mounded up crusty and awful snow. On Thursday, running angrily I pulled muscles in my lower back. Today my left knee hurts. It's just stupid and dangerous to run in this stuff.

I do not mean to complain about how busy I am, I like being busy. But it is the variety of projects I am currently working on - and need to work on consistently - that is making me crazy. In addition to writing grants (and there are always new grants and letters to compose) I need to make sure to visit and connect with our actors in the field. Also I am acting in a play I have also written (this is always a drag on the family - they don't see me for bedtime and sometimes dinner five nights a week) and when I return I spend an hour or so doing research on Cleveland history for the new script.

It's a lot. I am not a fantastic multi-tasker. And it's cold.

Distance: 5 miles
Temperature: 21º
Weather: sunny and cold
Road conditions: deep snow with crusty piles
Weight: 159 lbs.

1979 Playlist
Boogie Wonderland - Earth, Wind & Fire
She's Lost Control (Peel Sessions) - Joy Division
Ready for the 80's - Village People
Does Your Mother Know - ABBA
Video Killed the Radio Star - The Buggles
Secret Agent Man - Devo
Oliver's Army - Elvis Costello & the Attractions
Dance Away - Roxy Music
Born to Be Alive - Patrick Hernandez
Pop Muzik - M
Cool For Cats - Squeeze
DJ - David Bowie
Got The Time - Joe Jackson
Train In Vain - The Clash
When You're Near Me (153 bpm) - XTC
24 Hour Party People - The Happy Mondays

No comments: