Wednesday, August 19, 2020

We can change the world.

Kill me.
We go days without drinking alcohol. None. It has been several days, including weekends. Friday night, soda water. Saturday morning, the headache. The Saturday morning headache. The day ruining headache.

Usually, when I have this kind of head pain I think it must have had something to do with alcohol, and in that way I can work up a real, Puritanic guilt. I fucked up This is my fault. That is an unhealthy way to think, anyway. But in this case, it's just false.

I spent most of the day in bed dozing. What a waste. At least I was able to read. And the turth is, it kept me from running. I think these joints need a day between runs, one day at least.

The mornings are cooler. It is the golden time for running -- and also sinus headaches.

Distance: 2 miles
Duration: 18:15
Pace: 9:07
Route: Two times around the block.
Temperature: 66°
Climate: nice.
Mood: determined
Weight: 179 lbs. (-2.0) Achievement unlocked.

I would have gone to the park this morning ... but I put on the wrong shoes. These things hurt me in Chicago, I should never have run in them.

Kamala's Summer Playlist
Push It - Salt-N-Pepa
Girl - Destiny's Child
What If - India.Arie
Day Dreaming - Aretha Franklin
How Long Do I Have To Wait For You? - Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings

No comments: