Tuesday, October 10, 2023

이사 가자.

“To restrict your listening to English-language pop is like deciding to eat the same meal for the rest of your life.”
- David Byrne

One of the books I picked up at the Chicago, independent bookstore Exile in Bookville was a slim collection of essays by Lenika Cruz about the K-Pop sensation BTS, On BTS.

I know very little about BTS, but you know? I should. So here is a list of songs I have never heard before that are all between 164-170 bpm.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 27:23
Pace: 8:50

BTS RUN
Moving On
No More Dream
Lost
UGH!
Boy In Luv
For You
Mic Drop

Route: Forest Hill Loop 
Temperature: 43°
Climate: cool, you know?
Mood: good
Gear: New L.L.Bean long sleeve, short sleeve (tucked in), shorts

We have returned home. The last two days were just one long day, the flight from Phoenix to Philadelphia was restless and without sleep. And yet, we have our memories and our love and a desire to push forward into the fall. There are so many more wonderful things to accomplish and to experience.  

"Let's move."

Stretches: yes
Sit-Ups: tbd
Planks: tbd 
Upper body: tbd
Water: yes

We ate with impunity. Burgers, tacos, a steak. French toast, desserts, many sweets. I would even finish her plate. I have no regrets about this. I maybe could have exercised more, but there was an awful lot of walking in dry heat. I did a very good job of drinking water, all the time, not too much at anyone time. The journey was good for my body.

Six AM is a good time to get up -- if I have to be somewhere by ten, at the earliest. But no afternoon coffee, that kept me up last night. I needed to push through the day, but the results were not worth it.

Breakfast: coffee w/cream, oatmeal w/dried cranberry, butter, brown sugar, cream
Lunch: smoothie bowl w.fresh fruit, granola & nutella
Trea: Snickers!
Snack: Pretzel shortbread
Dinner: roasted buttered suash w/rice pilaf
Alcohol? no

No, I did not even taste the Snickers. Don't do that.

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 172 lbs. (+1.0)
Goal: 165 lbs.

I gained one pound. I think I'm all right.

Reading: tbd
Writing: yes
Blog: tbd

No comments: