Saturday, October 14, 2023

The word that would best describe this feeling would be haunted.

Big day planned -- which can be perilous. It's raining now, just an ordinary fall day. Let's get out and start the weekend on the right ... foot?

Recovery: 0109
Distance: 5.1 km
Duration: 29:13
Pace: 5:43/km

The plan is to write, and not just to write, but to complete a first draft of my new play. Can this happen in six hours? I believe that it can.

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 50°
Climate: breezy & light rain
Mood: good

Perfect day for a zombie run, gloomy and damp with a "dark and goth" playlist.

Shit is getting real, this app was created over ten years ago, but I have been re-introduced to Runner 8, who is suspicious of Runner 5 (me). She also has a persistent cough. She's had it long enough that it doesn't make sense that she is "turning gray." 

But between the cough and her talk of a supposed, possibly entirely bogus vaccine which was distributed just prior to the collapse of civilization, it's quite timely.

Then she lets slip that she was bitten. So ... maybe the vaccine did work? Or maybe it prolongs the inevitable. We'll find out!
  
Stretches: yes
Sit-Ups: 60
Planks: 120 sec.
Water: yes

Speaking of vaccinations, I have my flu shot I have my most recent, Covid booster. Doing my best to remain prepared and vigilant and well.

Breakfast: coffee w/cream
Early Lunch: bean soup, crackers, ginger ale
Coffee Break: iced coffee, Swedish Fish
Tea Time: Toddy, cheese board
Dinner: popcorn, last of the Baxter’s, pizza, salad
Alcohol? 2x

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 174 lbs. (+2.0) 
Goal: 165 lbs.

Sugar season. We have ice cream in the house, and that is bad news. I will try to maintain. Today, we write and work -- and exercise. taking breaks to do a little, light body work.

Reading: tbd
Writing: yes! scenes!

What's That Lyric?
Haunted When the Minutes Drag - Love & Rockets (162 BPM)

No comments: