Thursday, October 05, 2023

You said you hate that I’m a writer.

On Sunday, October 1, they canceled the Twin Cities marathon. It was due to excessive heat, it would’ve been 70° when the race started.

Some folks were less than understanding. “We all trained in this weather!” one guy carped. Maybe you did, sir. A lot of people come in from out of town for that race.

In 2012, when I went in the Cleveland marathon, it was about 70° when I finished. I remember seeing a young woman, she looked extremely fit. She was leaning against a post and vomiting.

This is what we’re up against. The last time a major race was canceled, it was the New York City Marathon, (also in 2012) because of Hurricane Sandy.

Distance: 2.5 miles
Duration: 25:02
Pace: 10:00

Tucson Run. Did not end up where I planned, on a bike path by the highway instead of through a green space, but it sure is Arizona.

What can I report? We saw Josh Ritter at the Rialto last night, but instead of listening to him this morning I chose a random modern country playlist … and I liked it.

Route: AZ 210 Bike Path
Temperature: 60
Climate: arid & cool
Mood: good
 
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Stopped at a light I developed a brief back spasm. Never had one of those before. Hope I never have one again.

Breakfast: coffee w/milk
Lunch: cheeseburger w/green chilies, fries, mandarin wheat beer
Dinner: chicken tacos, rice & beans, cheese crisp, Modelo Negro
Alcohol? yes

Reading: yes
Writing: yes

What’s That Lyric?
Fall In Love With Me - Morgan Wade

No comments: