Saturday, October 07, 2023

We pulled off the interstate.

Two nights at the idyllic Dreamcatcher Inn in Pearce, AZ. Yesterday my beautiful wife brought me to Chiricahua Monument Park. She’s shown me so many breathtaking sights on this journey. I am privileged, I am grateful.

Distance: 1.5 miles
Duration: 15:20 
Pace: 10:13

I asked our innkeeper, Ramon, about running on these desert roads and he assured me they would be safe. “One car every fifteen minutes.” I imagine it would be fewer on a Saturday morning. Is it Saturday? Is it Saturday already? 

Route: Sunrise Drive
Temperature: 61
Climate: cool & dry
Mood: good

Running at 4,400 feet. The road was uneven, and rocky, but entirely untraveled but for another visitor takings morning walk and one dog protecting his master’s home. That’s when I turned around.

The going was hard, the road, the elevation, and also the path itself was an incline. I felt my chest heaving, not normal. I was going to turn around at a half miles, but stopping to watch the sunrise a moment pushed me further (until I heard the dog.)
 
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Breakfast: coffee w/cream, ham quiche, fresh fruit, probiotic yogurt
Wine tasting: charcuterie, wine
Treat: DQ soft serve
Dinner: old fashioned, chips w/salsa & guac, beef quesadilla, greens, sushido peppers
Alcohol? Yes

Reading: yes
Writing: yes

What’s That Lyric?
Bandits - Josh Ritter

No comments: