Tuesday, October 17, 2023

What's gone wrong in your system?

After all ... why not?
Here's the thing. I begin the day determined to follow my agenda, and by lunch there's a little voice in my head saying "Why not?" and thinking of greasy slices of pizza nd fast food fries and burgers.

I got a cheeseburger fries and a shake from MacDonald's for lunch yesterday. I ate them while driving, chewing without tasting, swallowing without chewing. Last night I thought, "Why not?" and had a glass of wine with dinner, just as my wife did. I'd already had a strong ale, it was drink two, and it was wine. I don't drink wine, normally, it gives me a headache.

By the time we went to bed, I had a headache. I minor one. I'm fine now, but, stupid, you know?

The weather turns. Shorts with a jacket. Time to put up storm windows, mornings now before the fire. Can I maintain? Will I, once more, gain back all the weight I lost? Why not? 

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 28:41
Pace: 9:15

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 49°
Climate: overcast & cool
Mood: good
 
Stretches: yes
Sit-Ups: 20 
Upper body: 10
Water: yes

Breakfast: coffee w/cream, fresh fruit w/yogurt & granola
Lunch: fish & chips & slaw
Coffee Break: decaf pumpkin roll latte
Dinner: chicken salad, fizzy water
Alcohol? GLBC Oktoberfest

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 174 lbs. (-0-)
Goal: 165 lbs.

Writing: yes

What's That Lyric?
Gratitude - Beastie Boys

No comments: