Saturday, October 28, 2023

I wouldn't trade one stupid decision for another five years of life.

Manhattan weekend, Upper West Side. The weather has been warm this week, but I had no time to get out. So glad to get to do this run today.

We traveled in style, relaxed. Got to our apt after ten so we didn’t go out, I’d had enough to drink in Airportland regardless. Anxious dreams, I think the owner of this place got into them, or her daughter? There are photos tucked into corners.

Distance: 4 miles?
Pace: 8:47

Glorious run. Last time I ran in Central Park was two years ago, last weekend. With the boy. It was about 50° then, a little too cool for my blood that I had and brought a jacket. While they were plenty of other runners, it was hardly crowded.

Today, a sunshiny day. The path around the reservoir was full of walkers and runners. Couples holding hands, kissing, people taking selfies.

The timer has started, but I stopped to take a picture, and somehow it defaulted. So I’m not sure exactly how far I ran. Don’t know, don’t care.

If it doesn’t rain tomorrow, and it’s not too cool, I may go out again.

Route: West 105 to the Jaqueline Onassis Kennedy Reservoir and back
Temperature: 67
Climate: sunny & warm
Mood: very good
  
Reading the book on Sound of Silver from the 33 1/3 series, by Ryan Leas. It’s fun, though for the first few chapters he does say the same thing over and over, to wit; LCD Soundsystem is derivative and dorky and yet makes the most relevant music of the 21st century.

He spends like, three chapters on “Losing My Edge” alone, and that’s not even on the album.

But laws, it makes me want to listen. I chose an EP of remixes to run to I had never heard before. My god, it was beautiful.

A Bunch of Stuff EP - LCD Soundsystem (2007)
All My Friends - Franz Ferdinand Version
Get Innocuous! - Soulwax Remix
Sound of Silver - C2 Rmx Rev.3
Us V Them - Any Color U Like Remix by Windsurf
Time To Get Away - Gucci Soundsystem Mix

Stretches: yes
Water: yes

No comments: