Sunday, March 03, 2024

Take it up a notch.

Day three. The thing about drinking, I can come in from outside and think, what will I drink? And then I remind myself -- oh, nothing! Then I don't have to think about it.

I also think of snacks, until I remind myself that I'm not having snacks, and I think of something else.

I'm not saying any of this is easy. What I'm saying is I think these things. It's amazing how much I think about snacking or drinking. I am probably bored. Not drinking or snacking probably makes me look at my phone more. I need to look at more books.

Distance: 5 miles
Duration: 48:01
Pace: 9:36

Christ, yesterday's run made me knees hurt. I finally got a second knee compression bandage. They match. It's better that way. More support for me knees helps.  

Last night we were invited to a dance part at Casa -- our child invited us to a dance party. They are so cool. We danced. But I didn't dance too much, I didn't want to tax my legs any further, and anyway, they did a poll a couple years ago that says that men should stop dancing publicly when they turn thirty and I support that. The wife thinks that poll is nonsense, but come on, no one wants to see that shit.

2010 Playlist
Dancing On My Own - Robyn
Lights - Ellie Goulding
Bang Bang - Mark Ronson ft. The Business Intl & MNDR)
Pow Pow - LCD Soundsystem
TiK ToK - Ke$ha
Change of Time - Josh Ritter
Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera
Burn It Down - Sims
Infinity Guitars - Sleigh Bells
Mr. Saxobeat - Alexandra Stan
Shake It Up - Selena Gomez
Hello (Club Edit) - Martin Solveig ft. Dragonette

Route: Hocking River Bike Path
Temperature: 58°
Climate: sunny & warm
Mood: better

Good day. Hearty brunch, visited an artist show upstairs at the Union and got a trio of candles (among others things). Relaxation has been hard for me, it's not been a great couple of weeks, mental health speaking. But today I am feeling much better.

Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Brunch: coffee, OJ, chicken & waffles
Happy Hour: Coke over ice
Dinner: popcorn

Gorgeous day by the river, lots of runners, walkers, cyclists. How could I not run five miles?

No comments: