Saturday, October 03, 2026

I thought that we'd always be friends.

Homecoming 1985
Attended the first evening of the big reunion weekend last night, and I am as insecure as I was as a teenager. I understand now that it comes off as arrogance. And I was arrogant, too, believe me. I think it's important that we have these rituals to remind us of how terrible we were and of how far we've come.

Or maybe, no. No. We don't actually need that.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 27:01
Pace: 8:42

Anyway, I left it to a couple hours before departing that I would actually go. I have become accustomed to ordering NA beers at bars now. No one cares. I am SO GLAD I didn't drink last night. I might still be there. I stayed about an hour an left, talking mostly to my closest though I worked very hard to reach out to those others.

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 57°
Climate: light clouds & perfect
Mood: f*cking driven

Fall 1985 Mixtape
Take on Me - a-ha
Fortress Around Your Heart - Sting
Pop Life - Prince & the Revolution
Kayleigh - Marillion
Head Over Heels  - Tears For Fears
The Sweetest Taboo - Sade
Miami Vice Theme - Jan Hammer

I mean. The 80s are fucking classic.

Today
Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Weight: 168.4 lbs.

Switching to a digital scale has messed with my sense of self, and of what weight I should be, exactly. I thought 155 lbs. was the goal, but the other day I got into a pair of 32" jeans that was part of my costume for The Velocity of Autumn. That is as thin as I need to be.

I was 165 pounds. If I was ever 155 pounds I would be emaciated. No, 165 is the goal. And I am nearly there.

Huh. Everyone talks about losing weight in time for their high school reunion, and look at me.

Planks: yes
Push-ups: yes
Sit-Ups: yes

No comments: