Friday, October 09, 2026

Then he ran.

"Lapdog"
Peter de Sève
The New Yorker
Oct. 12, 2026
Twenty years ago, I took a 48 hour trip to London to share I Hate This with members of the Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Society (SANDS UK). It was a conference where the director wanted to pitch a tour of the show around Great Britain.

Yes, in the midst of marathon training, I took a very brief transatlantic journey. 
"A small man, on the another side of the planet, going for a run. Different air, different land, same pair of shoes."
Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 27:40
Pace: 8:55

I tried some of that British Lucozade, a "performance energy drink" much like Gatorade. The name was originally Glucozade, get it? 

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 47°
Climate: cool & crisp
Mood: 

We are getting close to recreation center time. Not looking forward to it.

Fall 1983 Mixtape
Big Log - Robert Plant
Undercover (Of the Night)- Rolling Stones
Owner of a Lonely Heart - Yes
Stand Back - Stevie Nicks
Puttin' On the Ritz - Taco
Jacqueline Kennedy
Onassis Reservoir
October, 2023
Suddenly Last Summer - The Motels

I need to make a Fall 1994 Mixtape, full of all the things we were listening to in October 1994.

A lot of them would be from the mid 1980s.

Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Weight: 163.8 lbs. (-3.4)

It's weird we were in Arizona in early October, and then New York City in late October. Good times, for a few years there. Covid made us adventurous. I wonder if we will be like that again.

Planks: TBA
Push-ups: TBA
Sit-Ups: TBA

Went to see a show last night. So strange not to obsess about having a cocktail. Because I just wasn't going to have one. I also didn't clean my plate, nor that plate of appetizers. But I ate well, all day. And now I weight fewer than 165 pounds, which was my goal.

How do I maintain this? Maybe it helps to be entirely anxious an distracted by things entirely out of my control. I hate this.

No comments: