Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I'm shaking like milk

Time and temper. Those are the elements I have been lacking. Tonight the wife and kids are off at a friend's for a play date. They won't be back until bedtime. I was under orders from the wife to take a run. So run I must.

And glory-be was that satisfying. I was so sleepy driving home from work today. I am sick of waking up every day, maybe every other day, with a sinus headache. Allergies, seasonal change, late nights, children nudging me in the middle of the night keeping me awake, it all adds up to bad rest and a terrible headache.

I have been taking over-the-counter sinus meds instead of my migraine prescription and usually it works. Cheaper than the Imitrex, too.

But wow, that felt good. Perfect running weather, after dark, great tunes - and for the first time in a while my mind wandered where I wantd to go, to my writing. Time and temper, they keep me from that, too.

Excuse me, I have to cut my hair and take a luxurious, uninterrupted shower.

Stats:
Distance: 5.15 miles
Weight: 170 lbs.
Stretches: yes
Snack: PowerBar Triple Threat
Drink: Accelerade
Start Time: 6.00 pm
Temperature: 55º
Weather: damp and cool - excellent

Playlist:
Let's Go to Bed (Milk Mix) - The Cure
Kalifornia - Fatboy Slim
Ooh La La - Goldfrapp
Mea Culpa - Enigma
Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps) - David Bowie
Pump Up the Jam - Technotronic
World In My Eyes - Depeche Mode
Got the Time - Joe Jackson
Master and Servant (Slavery Whip Mix) - Depeche Mode

No comments: