Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Put the wheels in motion

Outreach Tour Season is dizzying on the best of years. Last year I think I was worrying about it more, because I wrote it. And the set was more complicated, and heavier. But the show itself takes a lot out of me this year.

And good GOD there is a lot of candy around. Yes, okay. I admit it. Just because Walgreen's is offering jumbo bags, 3 for $4, does not mean you need to buy all three. You can get one, and scarf that down. Not all three.

But why the hell did everyone I know go all candy crazy this St. Valentine's Day? Office, full of candy. Marshmallow treats at rehearsal. What does the director get the cast for opening night? Big, heart-shaped box of candy (there's one in the show as a prop - it's a show joke.)

Spring encroaches. Maybe. Groundhog said so. Got a couple days in the fifties before it dips again over the weekend. I desire to get some five milers in, they feel so good. Just getting out today, after a week without (really? a week?) was a major hoo-hah, delightful.

I have running dreams, going round and round in my brain what I will wear today, what temperature is it, long-johns or not? Hat or hanky? When do I have those? It is time to get out.

I hope that big rodent was right. Spring at last, Spring at last. Thank God almighty, it's spring at last.

1968 Playlist
White Light/White Heat - The Velvet Underground
Grazing in the Grass - Hugh Masekela
Son of a Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield
Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones
Astral Weeks - Van Morrison
Lady Madonna - The Beatles
Let the Sunshine In - "Hair" Original Broadway Recording

Distance: 3.3 miles
Temperature: 40º
Weather: nice
Groundcover: dry!
Weight: 166 lbs.

No comments: