Wednesday, February 09, 2011

I've got to keep on keeping on

Finally got a copy of the single (non-album) version of This Is Pop. These things are important.

1978 Playlist

This Is Pop - XTC
Don't Care - Klark Kent
D.I.Y. - Peter Gabriel
Le Freak - Chic
Bustin' Loose Pt. 1 - Chuck Brown & The Soul Searchers
Jet Airliner - Steve Miller Band
Double Vision - Foreigner
Birdland (166 bpm) - Maynard Ferguson

The first couple hundred yards rips my face off. It is as cold as I imagine it will be, only worse because now I can feel it. Then, as though all of a sudden, the blood flushes in my chest and the heat rises in my jacket and moves up into my neck and into my face. And I am warm. And it is all right.

I have not been using the headwrap that acts as a shield around my ears and neck and the back of my head. Because I haven't felt I needed it, in spite of the spiteful temps. Anyway, it draws attention to how cold my mouth and nose are ... and then I pull it up over my mouth and nose and it gets wet and my glasses fog up, and then I pull it down and I am even colder, and you get the picture. I am doing fine without it.

It rises above freezing on Sunday. Looking forward to Sunday. Only then my roof with start leaking again. Sigh.

Distance: 3.3 miles
Temperature: 13º
Weather: OMG it makes me tear
Groundcover: slippery
Weight: 168 lbs.

Half a jumbo-sized bag of Twizzlers? But ... but ... they are a low-fat snack!

And pretzels. Also low-fat. What is up with that?

No comments: