Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'm gonna find my 4-leaf clover

A night without rehearsal. A late afternoon for running.

Yes, rehearsals for IHT/ATYD began in earnest this week. This explains why, in spite of by best intentions, I am not getting on the road every day. And if I hadn't gotten to run through this beautiful weather, I would have exploded.

We have spent several nights re-staging I HATE THIS. That was no big thing, I know that play very well. AND THEN YOU DIE, not so much. And there have been edits, plenty of them. And rewrites. And then there's, you know, all the running.

Distance: 5.15 miles
Temperature: 64º!!!
Weather: breezy & beautiful!
Weight: 166 lbs.

God damn the Irish! All I want right now is to drop below 165, it's a psychic boundary, like the sound barrier, only I am working at a private school this week, which has an excellent kitchen ... and by that I mean, the salad bar is great and they offer a lot of fabulous alternatives to burgers and fries which I have been enjoying.

Only today it was corned beef, cabbage, sauerkraut and potatoes -- which were delicious, by the way, no doubt because, and not to put too fine a point on it, no one working in the kitchen at this exclusive private school is Irish.

1987 Playlist (More Songs About Child Abuse and F*cking)
Play In The Sunshine - Prince
Meditate - INXS
The Right Thing - Simply Red
Bad - Michael Jackson
Fight Like A Brave - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Alex Chilton - The Replacements
A Japanese Dream (remix) - The Cure
Strange - R.E.M.
Hard Day (Shep Pettibone Remix) - George Michael
None Of The Above - The Bears
What's The Matter Here? - 10,000 Maniacs

Mmmmmm ... Guinness ...

No comments: