Saturday, March 19, 2011

No place to run


Rehearsals have moved from reimagining I HATE THIS to reblocking AND THEN YOU DIE. We spent part of the afternoon in Fefu's Kitchen working the first third of this act. DARWINII closes its sold-out run tonight, they strike, and we begin rehearsals in the storefront on Monday. Then the real work begins, because it is difficult to imagine where to go when I am supposed to be running all over the room and Fefu's is so tiny.

I am concerned about my breathing. The family has gone to the girl's violin practice. I am grateful that my wife too the boy with her ... so I may run. Now.

Distance: 5.15 miles
Temperature: 39º? Really?
Weather: cool. nice. runny nose.
Weight: 166.5 lbs.

Tomorrow is Calvin's 10th birthday. Ten years ago today, my wife and I stepped into MacDonald Women's Hospital to check on the progress of our 30 week old pregnancy, and learned the baby was dead, and on March 20th we gave birth. He died, then he was born. The day will be spent in celebration with our two living children, we will meet my parents at the zoo, feast, play, have cake, and remember.

I hope you also have a beautiful day.

1977 Playlist
Short People - Randy Newman
Night Fever - Bee Gees
Barracuda - Heart
Don't Stop - Fleetwood Mac
Dreams - Fleetwood Mac
Love Gun - Kiss
EMI - Sex Pistols
Teenage Lobotomy - The Ramones
We Will Rock You (162 bpm) - Queen
Psycho Killer - Talking Heads
Got To Give It Up (Part 1) - Marvin Gaye
Swingtown - Steve Miller Band

No comments: