Monday, May 30, 2011

Can I kiss you on the boob?


Observations While Running ...

DUDE: You know how birds make that "V" formation then they fly? You know why one side of the "V" is always longer?

ANOTHER DUDE: No, why is one side longer?

DUDE: There's more birds on that side.

I love that joke. Thank you, Chris Bohan.

Running by the Hocking, however, I saw something I'd never seen before. One flock of birds (not sure what they were) flew up from one band, as another flew up from the far bank. Each was in a single, opposing, diagonal line. The two lines came together gracefully over the river - creating a "V".

Here's a reminder for runners who sit by the pool or wear the flip-flops. Put sunscreen on your feet. Because they can burn. Yes they can.

Every now and then I get numbness or tingling in my fingers when I run. Not all the time. Today, for example, and a week or so ago. Answers? Anybody?

Bumper sticker of the weekend:

When evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve.

Thank you, Athens. Time to head home.

Distance: 4.25 miles
Temperature: 69°F


1992 Playlist
House of Love - East 17
Girlfriend - Matthew Sweet
Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover - Sophie B. Hawkins
Nearly Lost You - Screaming Trees
Steam - Peter Gabriel
Rump Shaker - Wreckx-N-Effect
Springtheme - Ween
Free Your Mind - En Vogue

1 comment:

T. Roger Thomas said...

Fantastic bird joke