Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Where nightmares disappear in dreams.


Adventures In Slumberland
"If you have kids, you need to check this out."
- Sarah Valek, CoolCleveland


Slumberland Playlist
Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day
Only In Dreams * - Weezer
Dreamland - The B-52s
Dreaming * - Blondie
Not Sleeping Around - Ned's Atomic Dustbin
Dream Police - Cheap Trick

Fifty-seven degrees out? Are you kidding me? I am out of here!

Temperature: 57°
Climate: What month is this?
Distance: 3.25 miles
Weight: 176 lbs.*

The past two night I have gone to bed with a headache, and woken up with even worse headaches. Right now there is a pain lurking behind my right eye. I don't know what to do about this. More water, more sleep ... though last night we had about eight hours of sleep. Only they weren't very good.

There is something ominous about running after dark, in the winter, when the weather is nice, and the wind is up. There is this feeling, which I can only think is psychological, that during the twenty-five minutes I am out, the temperature is going to suddenly dip fifteen degrees.

This did not happen. We are going to have another day of this before returning to winter on Friday.

There is a completely outrageous Christmas lights display on Compton. I mean, it's usually there, I just don't get to enjoy it as often as I have this year. Or week. As often as I have this week.

*Latkes.

2 comments:

Run away from Trouble said...

Do you take Claritin D? When this sort of weird weather happens, I have to switch to it, and sometimes I pop Advil WITH that. It's a sinus thing brought on by air pressure, I think.

pengo said...

You know, we have that stuff. I never remember to use it. Thank you!