Monday, December 02, 2013

God knows this heart of mine could use a rest.


Adventures In Slumberland
"It's quite a treat."
- Christine Howey, Rave & Pan

Slumberland Playlist
Dreamworld - Midnight Oil
Daydream Believer - The Monkees
Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) - Eurythmics
Wake Up - XTC
Last Night (I Didn't Get To Sleep At All) - The Fifth Dimension
A Japanese Dream - The Cure
The District Sleep Alone Tonight - The Postal Service
Behind The Wall of Sleep - The Smithereens
Sleepyhead - Passion Pit

My eyes are on fire, my head is throbbing. Physically, it has been a challenging day. I woke with a slight headache which has carried on, slow and low, throughout the day. Nice evening with the kids, putting Christmas decorations on the mantle (tree, tomorrow, I promised) but I did not want to go to bed feeling like this, I wanted to run now. Blood will circulate, breathing will be deep.

However, not wanting a repeat of yesterday, I wore a lighter hat. A bandana would be too think, I opted for a butter beanie instead. I have not used one for a while. Now I remember why. They push my glasses deep into my face, it is just too tight.

Otherwise, however ... nice run. Cool and crisp, surprising amount of energy, considering. I am hoping that this end-of-day run gives me a good night's sleep, and pleasant dreams.

Temperature: 36°
Climate: cool, man.
Distance: 3.25 miles
Weight: 173.5 lbs.

Man. The last four years I ran a mere four times during the month of November ... well, except for 2010. Then I ran five.

No comments: