Sunday, February 22, 2015

I'm the man.

Can't you hear me laughing.
Can't you see me smile.
I do not run when the temperature is below ten degrees, and so it has remained. Perhaps it is all the exercises I have been maintaining to keep my back pain free (or largely so) that has kept me from having thigh fatigue. This is what usually happens when I cannot or do not run for extended periods of time.

That, and the rehearsal process for The Great Globe Itself (opening March 3) for which I have spent an inordinate amount of time on my feet, even though I am directing. Poorer directors give line readings, I give blocking readings.

Temperature: 27°
Distance: 3.15 miles

Thawing icicles. It been cold for so long the ice thinks it's above freezing. Slushing buh-shee wushy gushy. But my God, that felt good. Tomorrow we sink back into the deep freeze. I hope the forecast is correct and I can try this running thing again on Tuesday.

1979 Playlist
I'm Cold - The Cure
(Do The) Instant Mash (172 bpm) - Joe Jackson
One More Time - Joe Jackson
Dim All The Lights - Donna Summer
Let's Go - The Cars
I'm The Man - Joe Jackson
On My Radio - The Selecter
Cool For Cats - Squeeze
Boys Don't Cry (169 bpm) - The Cure

I'm cold, indeed. Cure lyrics are not a sound personal philosophy, young man.

No comments: