Sunday, February 08, 2015

Romeo was restless.


Here's the best things I can say about my spine injury -- I look better. It is more comfortable to have good posture, I sit up straight, i stand up straight. I look thinner, my pants fit better. My wife has complimented the way I have been rocking these jeans. So there's that.

Some days it feels like there's absolutely nothing wrong with me ... and then there are other days. Meanwhile, the boy is still incapacitated in his own way, and it is necessary to give him a piggyback ride to handle stairs. It's not good for me. But what can I do?

Anyway, events, timing, and weather have kept me off the road. But if I can't get out when its above freezing, when can I?

Temperature: 46°
Distance: 2.5 miles

Hitting the pavement after one week, I became aware of my breathing. This is what happens when the running tapers off. First the thighs begin to ache. Then, the breathing.

Just looking at the forecast ... two days of chill, above freezing again on Wednesday before it dips to the teens on Friday. Just demoralizing.

However, the playlists are about the enter the greatest period of pop music in human history. Which is the whole point, I think.

Running on one stretch of crusty, unshoveled pavement, however, getting up those knees ... it's not good. Makes me want to take out a membership at the rec center just to use the track.

Hmn. Not such a bad idea.

1977 Playlist
Lust For Life - Iggy Pop
Dust In The Wind - Kansas
Second Hand News - Fleetwood Mac
We're A Happy Family - The Ramones
I Robot - The Alan Parsons Project
Mystery Dance (179 bpm) - Elvis Costello & The Attractions

No comments: