Sunday, February 01, 2015

Well, he ran down the hall and he cried.


Simple task, run no less than ten times in January. Didn't happen. It is very challenging, my physical therapy exercises take up between forty minutes to an hour daily (half that time in the morning, half in the evening.) Combine that with assisting the rest of the family, especially the one currently employing a wheelchair, and there is neither time nor motivation to pursue my own extra-curricular activity.

The activities alleviate the pain. My PT says that eventually the disc will be back in place, and perhaps it shall, I am not certain yet I believe him. Last Sunday was very painful, since then I have been mostly all right. I will continue to do these exercises because I do not want to feel worse, the question is whether I will ever feel better.

Temperature: 32°
Distance: 3.25 miles
Climate: lovely snow

I really like running. That felt really good. Today is the first day since the end of last year that conditions have made it possible to run my traditional circuit. It's the same route I have used for years, but the circular route makes me feel I am going somewhere. Jogging up and down the neighborhood streets is tedious, especially the streets are short, and have a noticeable incline.

By tomorrow, the unshoveled sidewalks will have become a minor obstacle course, one I might have traversed in years past, but not in my present condition.
Kerry Fined For Unshoveled Sidewalk

Kerry was hit with the fine after a passerby submitted a picture of the snow-filled sidewalk on the city of Boston's online "Citizens Connect" portal on Wednesday.
- CNN.com
I am so totally doing this tomorrow. Monticello Boulevard, you are on notice.

1976 Playlist
Lonely Boy - Andrew Gold
Disco Inferno - The Trammps
Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
Shout It Out Loud - KISS
Brand New Arkansas Traveler * - Alex Bevan
More, More, More - Andre True
Crazy On You - Heart

No comments: