Saturday, October 23, 2021

Central Park 10 Mile

Another promise kept. The boy and I are staying in the East Village, and there was a question as to whether we would run to central park, or take the train there. It’s a 3 mile run to get to the park and another to get back. We took the train.

It was colder than I would’ve liked, but at least it didn’t rain. He pushes me pretty hard. I had brought us back to the start after 5 miles, which included a few bathroom stops. But he really wanted to do 10. Wasn’t sure if I was up to it. But hey, he’s here, I am here. This is a moment.

We ran another 5 miles, up and down the mini inclines of the park, another lap around the Reservoir. We’re both pretty exhausted, but grateful.

Distance: 10 miles
Duration: 1:31:12
Pace: 9:05
Route: Central Park, baby!
Temperature: 50 degrees
Climate: overcast & cool
Mood: good

No comments: