Saturday, April 03, 2021

I can go home to Jesus.

Spening the weekend in Athens. It was chilly yesterday, but today seemed like a good day to hit the path. The bed we're sleeping on is firmer than I am accustomed to, and it's actually affecting my hips.

Normally this would be a time of peaceful reflection, but between the girl's impending university decision, my load of coursework and pandemic anxiety (oh, I could say so much about that) it hardly feels like I am resting. 

Distance: 4.25 miles
Duration: 40:55
Pace: 9:34
Route: Hocking River Bike Path
Temperature: 61°
Climate: sunny & warm
Mood: good

Three of us headed out to the bike path, the wife has been exercising and is working on a walk/run regimen. At the same time, the boy and I ran out two miles and back two miles. He wanted us to pick up speed but I reminded him what I need is to go farher without stopping to walk, which we did.

The bike path was swarming with people, there are a surprising number of families in town for the Easter weekend. We ran with masks which we would take down when we had a long break in people.

1988 Playlist
Cult of Personality - Living Colour
Big Hollow Man - Danielle Dax
Lake Shore Driving - Duran Duran
Crash - The Primitives
(Nothing But Flowers) - Talking Heads
Birth, School, Work, Death - The Godfathers
Doctorin' the Tardis - The Timelords
All Night Long - Peter Murphy
Pop Song 89 - R.E.M.
House We Used To Live In - The Smithereens

No comments: