Friday, October 01, 2021

A place we can run.

Muna
(Jacobs Pavilion)
Yeah, we saw Phoebe Bridgers on Wedneday night. I've never been huge into live music, it's a fact. I am a recorded music kind of guy. I was more into it when I was young enough to dance, no one wants to see a middle aged dude dancing at one of these, and so standing around, in a crowd, drinking beer, it's just not my scene.

At the same time, yes. The power of live performance. Especially now. Vaccinations were required, we were asked to wear masks (I actually did, many took theirs off) and it was an outdoor venue and it's still a risk, but the sound, the emotion, the feeling.

I actually liked the opening act more, Muna's set was more eneregetic and upbeat (I know, I know, Phoebe Bridgers) and much of the crowd was there for it, which is always nice, when the opening act is also a big hit.

The boy loves live music, he is live music, and though he and his friend stood away from us (his friend's dad and I) it was cool to see him bobbing his head. I knew there was a lot going on in there.

Distance: 3.3 miles
Duration: 30:12
Pace: 9:09
Route: Boulevard Loop
Temperature: 52°
Climate: cool
Mood: angsty
Weight: 174.5 lbs. (+4.0 lbs.)

Okay! This is a problem!

Muna Playlist
Silk Chiffon (ft. Phoebe Bridgers)
Bodies
Number One Fan
Motivation (Recorded at Electric Lady Studios)
I Know a Place
Stayaway (Now, Now Remix)
Bodies (Tycho Remix)
I Know a Place (Acoustic)

Intake
Breakfast: coffee (2x)
Lunch: Mexican ramen (for real!), guac & chips (1 or two)
Dessert: Hot fudge sundae (two scoops) with pretzels (3x)
Snack: pumpkin seeds
Dinner: tortellio w/pesto, beer

No comments: