Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Don't do me any favors.

Christmas morning.
Dropped the eldest off at the airport this morning at four. That was more difficult than I could have possibly imagined. Yes, they have been at school all semester, but they are now on a weeklong wildness retreat in the Everglades and I have so much fear I did not know I had.

That, and this guy scolded me in the john for cutting in front of him at the sink. I was distracted. I was once scolded by someone touching my car door to the side of their car (no mark) in the parking garage at work, this just after driving there from the hospital where my mom was dying. It makes me feel so helpless and stupid and I don't know what to say, not even an apology.

It's been a difficult morning. I'm glad I got a little more sleep before beginning the day. 

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 29:57
Pace: 9:39
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 38°
Climate: overcast & cool
Mood: better now
Weight: 175.5 lbs. (-2.0)

Gear: Long pants, short-sleeved T, rain jacket, winter hat, gloves

See, I could have worn shorts. But it was all right, just all right. Any warmer and that would have been a drag. The gloves came off after mile two. That's not a metaphor, that means that's when I took my gloves off and shoved them in my pocket.

But the winter coat, that waits until it freezes.

Intake
Breakfast: oatmeal w/dried fruit, cream, butter & brown sugar, coffee (3x)
Lunch: Ramen w/mushroom
Candy: Twizzler (4x)
Dinner: cheeseburger, fries, beer
Also; fizzy water (1x)

What's That Lyric?
Get the Message - Electronic

No comments: