Tuesday, December 14, 2021

My eyes feel like they're gonna bleed.

The boy has Covid. The wife is ill as well. The rest of us keep our distance, mask up indoors, and I am working to keep things as clean as possible.

When the working day ended (I am self-quarantined, working remotely) my wife suggested I take a run. Not what I had planned. But why not?

Distance: .85 miles
Duration: 8:08
Pace: 9:45
Route: One time around the block.
Temperature: 480°
Climate: cool
Mood: maintaining

We breathe. We begin again. Not feeling it tonight, my eyesight gets poorer, running at dusk is not my thing. Not in the cold. The streetlights aren't high, I can't clearly see my feet.

And yet, it felt good. Brief run. Maybe again tomorrow?

What's That Lyric?
Brain Stew - Green Day (BBC Live Sessions)

No comments: