Saturday, February 17, 2024

I can't stop myself.

What a mess am I. Saturday headache, not at the start but building over the afternoon. Pain reliever, getting out, taking a nap, more pain reliever, late afternoon coffee. And God, my diet. Really, it's a bad habit -- that I am just eating it all before March. That's not how it is supposed to work.

Got to run, we're seeing Brecht tonight. Last chance to clear my head. Snow on the ground, short run. 

Distance: 1 mile
Duration: 11:13

1982 Playlist
Shock Den Affen - Peter Gabriel
New Religion (Carnival Version) - Duran Duran

Route: Neighborhood Loop
Temperature: 24°
Climate: overcast & cold
Pavement: layer of snow
Mood: achy, unfocused

My mother would have turned 89 this weekend. And my cousins uncovered some home movies in my aunts basement, they include many brief, fleeting moments of mom. A young woman, in motion. That's something I had never seen before. She was so lovely.

Stretches: yes, but I can do better
Water: yes

No comments: