Monday, July 27, 2026

My heart is heavy. My head is confused.

New read.
My birthday was okay. The best part was spending time with my wife. Taking a friend to the train station in the morning, lunch in Damariscotta. Then it was time to entertain the cousins, the family, all afternoon, all evening. This is where we see them, yes. But I do not feel relaxed in company at the moment. I really do just want to sit on the deck and read and write. Weird that my birthday (so far) has been the most stressful day of my vacation.

Distance: 3.5 miles
Duration: 32:37
Pace: 9:19

It has been so helpfully cool. Fire in the fireplace most mornings, the runs have been largely sweat-free. Reports have it that our last few days will be soggy, but until then ...

Route: Martin Point Run
Temperature: 69°
Climate: sunny & beautiful 
Mood: not great? okay.

Stretches: yes 
Water: yes

80s Running Alternative Mix
This Corrosion - Sisters of Mercy
Infected (Single Mix) - The The
Accidentally 4the Street (Gloria) - Figures On a Beach
Borderline - Manic Street Preachers
Still in Hollywood - Concrete Blonde
Liberator - Spear of Destiny
A Girl Like You (Live) - The Smithereens

Okay. Usually algorithm based mixes are just a collection of songs I have already saved somewhere on this app. Today, I was surprised. Yes, I started with a familiar title, but the rest were unfamiliar to me -- except "Infected" but even this was a radio edit. Loved them all.

I may stick with this one a while. 

Planks: yes
Push-ups: yes
Sit-Ups: yes

No comments: